Become an Affiliate School
To become an affiliate school of MMS, please follow the guidelines and procedures below to complete the school affiliation process.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM IN FULL.
(one form per school site)
THE FOLLOWING FEES MUST BE PAID AT COMPLETION OF APPLICATION.
$50 for one level of affiliation per site and $25 for an additional level at the same site (eg. preschool = $50 + Elementary = 25).
WHAT ARE THE AFFILIATION REQUIREMENTS FOR SCHOOLS?
- Each classroom teacher for each age group (3-6; 6-9; 9-12) must hold a Montessori credential from an AMI, AMS, or MACTE-accredited training center. The classroom teacher must be in charge and present in each classroom on a daily basis.
- The Montessori program must require that each child attend five days per week.
- Each classroom must be equipped with basic Montessori materials.
- Practical Life (Art and Music)
- Culture (Geography and Sciences)
- Each class must have a mixed age group of children (3-6; 6-9; 9-12). Beginning classrooms will be exempt as long as there is a plan to meet this requirement.
- Each class should have an extended period of uninterrupted work.
- The school must meet State of Michigan requirements and hold a valid license. The license should be displayed in a prominent place.
- All of the school’s media, both digital and print, must be consistent with MMS affiliation requirements.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS SCHOOLS RECEIVE IF THEY ARE AFFILIATED?
- Two workshops offered in the fall and spring of the academic year.
- A quarterly newsletter (sent via email)
- A listing on the MMS website
- Free advertising for affiliated school events on the MMS website
- An affiliated school certificate (to be posted in the school)
WHAT ARE OUR LEVELS OF AFFILIATIONS?
- There are Montessori programs that serve children ages from infant/toddler through high school. Early childhood (ages 3-6) and elementary (ages 6-12) may be affiliated by MMS.