Become a Member School
To become a Member School of MMS, please follow the guidelines and procedures below to complete the school membership process. New applicants are visited prior to approval of Member School status. Currently, Member Schools are visitied every five years.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM IN FULL.
(one form per school site)
THE FOLLOWING FEES MUST BE PAID AT COMPLETION OF APPLICATION.
$40 per site.
NOTE: If an application is denied by MMS, all paid fees, less an administration fee of $10, shall be refunded.
Member School Guidelines
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBER SCHOOLS?
Michigan Montessori Society Member Schools meet the following criteria:
- A full complement of Montessori materials
- Uninterrupted work periods (three hours being ideal)
- MACTE Approved Trained Teacher for each class
- Multi age classes, 3 years being the ideal
- Students assessed through observation and record keeping